ABOUT ME:
  
Hi all,

My name is Tan, nickname is tangent. My major is mechanical engineering because, throughout my life, I have been interested in knowing how things work. When I was younger, my playground was a jumble of broken appliances and electrical toys that I collected from my neighbor's houses. My parents never bought me toys. Instead, I had to make my own toys from scratch. I remember the first toy I that made was a battery that connected to a light bulb. I was so excited to see the bulb light up that I became curious about how it worked.  Later on, when I went to high school, I developed a habit of making toys from electrical trash. When I had a day off from school, I spent hours disassembling broken appliances and took the parts to use for my toys. Sometimes, I just opened them up to look at the beautiful circuits inside the broken appliances. I started with simple toys like fans, flashlights, and motorboats. Eventually, I progress to bigger projects like a water pump run by a big motor that I got from a broken fan. My parents used my water pump to water their plants. This makes me want to invent more mechanical devices, so that farmers can get their work done faster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7 and 8: CFD Simulation and Updated Bill of Materials

Week5 & 6: Water Gutter Design and Solar System Connections

Week 13 and week 14: Fabricating the Prototype and Work on the Finite Element Analysis